Tri-Medical at the 2010 Autism Walk
Tri-Medical Rehab Supply, Inc. is an established, durable medical equipment company that was formed in 1993 and is located in New Castle, Pennsylvania. Tri-Medical was a full service medical equipment supply company through 1997. At which time, our vision changed direction and we began specializing in incontinence supplies.
Our new location, with increased warehouse space, enables us to effectively supply all of Pennsylvania, Ohio, Maryland and Indiana. To find out how specialize in the care of our clients, read a few thoughts from our client Testimonials Page.
Our Mission and Promise to You
"Our mission is to provide the best quality of care while building relationships with physicians to keep their patients as comfortable and healthy as possible. We meet patients' needs by carefully listening to them and learning from them on a case-to-case basis. We have built our reputation on outstanding service and must stay abreast of the new rules and regulations that govern our industry to maintain that reputation. Our ability to adapt to our changing environment enabled us to enjoy the steady growth that we see today. Maintaining that growth is of utmost importance."
Our Code of Ethics
The goal of Tri-Medical Rehab Supply's code of ethics is to improve standards within the practice of providing home medical equipment and services while maintaining a positive work environment.
All employees must agree to abide by the following:
- To always do what you can do to assist the patient in rendering the highest level of care.
- To serve all patients regardless of race, creed, national origin, or reason of illness.
- To provide only those products to patients that are a medical necessity.
- To fully explain rights, responsibilities, and regulations related to the service provided.
- To respect patient privacy and only disclose protected health information when required to do so, or asked to do so through proper authorization.
- To continuously strive to improve professional knowledge and skill to more efficiently assist the patient.
- To abide by all rules and regulations within the scope of the services provided.
- To act in good faith.
- To be honest, trustful, and fair to all concerned.
- To treat all patients and employees with the utmost respect.
- To act appropriately within the work environment.
- To express a positive attitude that contributes to the overall health and well being of the organization.